During this episode of the Sam’s On Fire Podcast, host Sam Livingston, business coach and realtor, speaks with Matt Motil. Matt is an entrepreneur, best-selling author, and host of the Cash Flow King podcast. He has worked with hundreds of investors and shares some great advice on entrepreneurship. This one is a must-listen for business owners at any level.
- Matt Motil earned an engineering degree, then an MBA and a doctorate. He found himself unemployable.
- It's intimidating for people to manage someone with more credentials than they have.
- He taught at two colleges and couldn't handle the bureaucracy of higher education.
- He doesn't look at education as a waste.
- Many people go to school without doing due diligence.
- No one is coming to save you because you spent hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to figure out who you are.
- Take ownership of your life.
- We’re buying credentials now.
- Matt and Sam discuss the government’s role in supporting higher education.
- Every decision we make through life, at that moment it was what you wanted or you thought you needed.
- When you feel like you wasted your life, you will be surprised later to see how you can actually use that experience.
- In 2015 Matt decided he would pursue real estate. He landed into wholesaling real estate contracts. Then he pivoted and decided to convince people who want passive income to become private lenders.
- They should have 2500 rental units by the end of the year.
- Matt and Sam discuss online haters.
- No one will ever hate on you that's doing more than you.
- When he got really busy he didn't have time for things other people were saying.
- They discuss how they met at a mastermind group in another city.
- Money is energy and a tool.
- They discuss the elevator of entrepreneurship.
- When you realize there are people you can have high-level conversations with, you naturally gravitate to them and become friends with those people.
- Every time you level up you need to make new friends at that level.
- When you join a true mastermind, people just help each other without the expectation of return.
- He feels that when he's generous with money it comes back to him.
- Matt is in the process of starting a family office.
- At this point, he has an addiction to growth.
- He likes the idea of providing his kids with a lifestyle where they can make decisions about their future and it's not tied to money.
- He wants to leave a legacy for future generations.
- Learn about Matt’s podcast, The Cash Flow King.
3 Key Points:
- When pursuing credentials or investing in education, do your due diligence.
- No one who is doing more than you are doing, has the time to criticize you online.
- When you are generous with money it will come back to you.